Interim Youth Minister
Park Avenue United Methodist Church (PAUMC) is looking for an Interim Youth Minister to manage our Middle and High School Youth ministry program for the 2016-2017 academic year (September through June 2017). Through this and other ministries at Park, we carry out our mission to disciple our youth for the transformation of the world. The Interim Youth Minister position is a part time, 20 hour per week, salaried position. Duties include:
- Giving direction to and oversight of the Middle School and High School youth ministry
- Recruiting and providing training for youth workers as needed.
- Providing counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Participating in outreach ministry to youth who have visited the church
- Leading mid-week youth Bible study.
- Planning and executing bi-annual youth mission trips and youth retreats for the purpose of spiritual edification.
- Visiting youth who are hospitalized and follow-up with families accordingly.
- Participating in training opportunities annually or as presented.
- Developing the youth ministry budget and tracking expenditures throughout the year.
- Compiling and distributing a youth online directory
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to:
Park Avenue United Methodist Church
c/o Sherri Boone
3400 Park Avenue, South
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Or send an email to Sherri Boone