Cornerstone Director Position Opening
We are looking for someone to coordinate and manage Cornerstone, a ministry of outreach and welcome. Cornerstone seeks to support our church vision and our commitment to the needs of our community through donated resources, distribution of clothing, hygiene supplies and effective coordination of volunteers. Flexible, safe and creative adaptation to the COVID situation is an important current element, until regular store hours can be re-established.
If you have a heart for building relationships, meeting people where they are, identifying and addressing needs, and connecting folks to the church and Park Avenue community, please consider applying. The position is approximately 18 hours/week.
Title: Director of Cornerstone Ministries
Purpose: To coordinate and manage Park Avenue’s commitment to the needs of our community through donated resources, distribution of clothing, hygiene supplies and coordinating and supervising volunteers.
- Arranging for and coordinating donation pick-ups from local stores.
- Managing finances and following proper protocol for deposits and disbursements.
- Coordinating all donations, both financial and material.
- Working with Cornerstone volunteers each day that Cornerstone is open to clients.
- Recruiting, providing training for, and supervising volunteers.
- Holding meetings at least quarterly with volunteers to coordinate, collaborate and ensure that Cornerstone is running smoothly, as well as getting feedback.
- Being aware of resources in community to refer clients to.
- Attending quarterly NOW meetings to discuss partnerships with other church ministry leadership.
Core Competencies for all staff of Park Avenue United Methodist Church:
- Radical Hospitality: Demonstrated by graciously inviting, welcoming, and caring for others—especially those who are strangers.
- Relationships: Build relationships with other staff, PAUMC laity, and our neighbors.
- Integrity & Trust: Trust is engendered; takes responsibility and meets commitments.
- Creativity & Flexibility: Able to make new recommendations, to continuously improve existing ministry, seeking outside suggestions and to regularly pursue learning and professional development.
- Supports Vision & Mission of Park Avenue United Methodist Church (below) and can be counted on to meet or exceed ministry program goals.
Qualifications: Person who understands the mission and vision of the church and is comfortable working with people from all walks of life. Must have compassion, discernment, and be able to delegate duties to others with respect. Good organizational skills are required.
- Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Love of community
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational ability and time management skills
- Ability to recruit, form, and lead a strength-based team of volunteers
- Attention to detail, self-starter, commitment to excellence
- Support the overall mission, vision, beliefs and strategy of Park Avenue United Methodist Church
- Demonstrated ability to empower, equip and support others in ministry and community building
Education and Experience
- Associates, Bachelor’s degree or applicable relevant experience
- Experience organizing and building relationships in the Central Community
- Experience recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers
- Experience with technological options to connect remotely with volunteers and staff
- Volunteer or professional experience working with/in community with multi-racial, multi-ethnic socio-economically diverse, urban and suburban children and their families
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Cornerstone Mission: Quality goods and Christ-like service that honors all people.
The Church’s Mission: To make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Church’s Vision: We will be a vibrantly Christ-centered, multiracial, multi-ethnic, inter-generational instrument of transformation, actively engaged with our urban neighborhood and our world.
Please send inquiries of interest and a current resume to email@example.com