Title: Bookkeeper (Part-time)
Purpose: To provide day to day bookkeeping, bill payment and processing, and financial reporting, as well as expense reimbursement, and check and petty cash disbursements.
Spiritual Qualification: Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as demonstrated through a commitment to Christ’s teachings in both language and actions.
Qualifications: Formalized training and / or equivalent experience in accounting or bookkeeping; good organizational and planning skills, financial integrity and confidentiality are all required. Must be able to communicate well with a variety of people, including bank personnel, and work independently.
Principle Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to…
- Maintaining accurate and organized financial records for the church, with proficiency in the use of and reporting using Quickbooks for Non-profits program
- Ensuring payment and documentation of church financial obligations in their various forms, including:
- Managing and documenting bills paid automatically through the church bank account and paying ebills
- Writing checks for authorized building utilities payments as well as staff benefit payments
- Resolving any billing discrepancies
- Writing weekly checks for worship, as well as short notice and emergency requests
- Fulfilling approved check requests from PAUMC Ministries
- Producing reports as scheduled by the PAUMC Finance Committee
- Making monthly remittances to the Conference Treasurer
- Familiarity with policies and procedures in handling funds approved by Finance Chair
- Working with Human Resources Administrator to manage all payroll related payments
- Working with Financial Secretary to process weekly deposits and vouchers, and accurately record all funds deposited and received
- Backing up financial records on Park Avenue United Methodist Church server on a weekly basis
Reports to: PAUMC staff and Finance Treasurer
Approved by SPRC:
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letter to Ottis Bennet